The Ironclad is a 38 ft Topaz Sportfisher, with a 13 ft wide beam and a large bow area. Equipped with modern electronics, including radar, Furuno side scan sonar, head (restroom), fresh water, microwave, large fish holds, 8-10 scoop bait capacity, 4 bunks foward and 2 mid-ship. Depart Mission Bay and fish the offshore banks, Coronado Islands or Coastal Fishing.
You are welcome to bring your onwn gear, however all trips include rod and reel, bait, crew & tackle and NO EXTRA charge. Snacks, waters and sodas are included. FOOD IS NOT PROVIDED. On our offshore trips for Bluefin we do include kite fishing at NO EXTRA charge.
Dangerous drugs (including marijuana), unruly/intoxicated passenger(s) can forfeit your trip and payment. Coast Guard/Law Enforcement may be notified. No guns, no machetes, swords or weapons are allowed (yes this has happened).
Customers can bring their own food (Microwave Available), beer / alcohol (NO HARD ALCOHOL). Footware is required, NO hard sole shoes, cowboy boots etc. Fishing boots or some other soft sole footware shall be worn. Fishing Licenses, Mexican Permits, and Crew Gratuity is additional.
A 3.5% processing fee applies to all bookings.
Microwave is available for use. Plenty of cold storage provided, please no coolers. Due to COVID-19 passengers must bring sleeping bag or bedding and a pillow for overnight or 1.5 day trips. Face masks shall be worn, anti-bacterial soap, disinfectant and other safety measures are provided.
TRIP INSURANCE IS AVAILABLE- At times, we may have to cancel/reschedule trips due to bad weather condtions, or even a mechanical breakdwon or you may need to cancel for some reason. PROTECT your trip with Trip Insurance:
Lobster Hoop Netting (Max 5 Anglers/2 Hoop Nets Each) $850 ($170 person)
1/2 Day $1150 6am-12 pm (Max 6 Anglers)
3/4 Day U.S. Waters(Max 6 Anglers) $1850 7am-4pm
Offshore 5am-5pm $2400 (Max 6 Anglers)
Coronado Islands (PASSPORTS, MEXICAN FISHING LICENSE and VISAS Required) $2400 (Max 6 Angers),
Overnight $3200 9pm-7pm (Max 5 Anglers)
- 50% Deposit due at the time of booking, or full payment can be made at the time of booking.
- Full Payment is due 2 weeks prior to your trip.
- We do our best to get you on fish, there are NO REFUNDS if fish are not caught.
- Rates and fuel surcharges are subject to change.
- Canceling or wanting to Reschedule a trip with in 12 Hours of your scheduled departure time: You will be charged the full amount of your trip If you cancel or try to reschedule a trip with in 12 hours prior the trip departure. You will not be entitled to a refund or rescheduling your trip at a later date
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Venmo and American Express. We also accept Check or Cash.
- Pay by Check: Your check for your charter must be received and cleared no less than one (1) week prior to the date of the trip
- Arriving Late: If you or a member of your party arrive to our departure late the charter will come back at the scheduled time and you will be responsible for the FULL amount of the booking.
- Cancellations: Cancellations MUST be requested no less than fifteen (15) days prior to date of trip in order to be eligible to receive a full refund of your deposit. Cancellations requested less than fifteen (15) days prior to date of trip will not be eligible for a refund.
- Rescheduled trips are good for one year starting from the original scheduled trip date.
- For trips into Mexican Waters (requiring passports and Mexican Fishing License), if a member of your group fails to have possession of the of these items, or they are expired the trip will not enter Mexican Waters and you will still be responsible for the full payment.